I am a soon-to-be Assistant Professor at Johns Hopkins University starting in Fall 2017.
Currently I am at MSR Redmond Systems Research Group doing a post-doc and getting
real-world experiences. I did my PhD at UCSD
working with an awesome advisor, Prof. Yuanyuan Zhou.
My research interests include computer systems, programming languages, and
software engineering. The overarching goal of my research is to enable building
reliable, efficient, and defensible systems in emerging computing platforms.
I'm looking for motivated students to work with. If you are interested in
hacking systems and advancing state of the art, drop me an email along with you CV!
My main research projects are:
- DefDroid: a defensive mobile OS to tame disruptive apps
- ConfValley: a declarative configuration validation framework
- A comprehensive study on cloud service failure, fault, and fault-tolerance
- eDoctor: a diagnosis tool for smartphone abnormal battery drain
- PerfScope: a white-box performance risk analysis methodology
(Full publication list)
- OSDI 2016
Early Detection of Configuration Errors to Reduce Failure Damage
Tianyin Xu, Xinxin Jin, Peng Huang, Yuanyuan Zhou, Shan Lu, Long Jin, Shankar Pasupathy
- MobiSys 2016
DefDroid: Towards a More Defensive Mobile OS Against Disruptive App Behavior
Peng Huang, Tianyin Xu, Xinxin Jin, and Yuanyuan Zhou
- EuroSys 2016
Saving Mobile App Developers from Network Disruptions
Xinxin Jin, Peng Huang, Tianyin Xu, and Yuanyuan Zhou
- EuroSys 2015
ConfValley: A Systematic Configuration Validation Framework for Cloud Services
Peng Huang, Bill Bolosky, Abhishek Singh, and Yuanyuan Zhou
- OSDI 2014*
Why Does a Cloud-Scale Service Fail Despite Fault-Tolerance?
Peng Huang, Xinxin Jin, Bill Bolosky, and Yuanyuan Zhou
*: Retracted for confidentiality reasons
- ICSE 2014
Performance Regression Testing Target Prioritization via Performance Risk Analysis
Peng Huang, Xiao Ma, Dongcai Shen, and Yuanyuan Zhou
- Program Committee: MobiSys 2016 PhD forum
- Journal Reviewer: IEEE’s Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems 2016
- Assistant for PC chair: ASPLOS 2016
Note about my name: Ryan is my English name. My legal name is Peng Huang, which I use in publications and legal documents.